Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Immoral Choice



The Immoral Choice
By: Roger Alderman

The Arms wrap around me, a long-lost friend;
I want its slow-moving embrace to never end.

The first to go numb is the fingers;
Wishing to hold you the thought still lingers.

The call of the coiling darkness;
Reveals my life was a such a mess.

The numbness comes for each arm,
Your relief is that my words can no longer cause harm.

I see the picture of us holding each other;
Without you now that flame dies, as it has been smothered.

 

My legs iron refusing to rise;
Our horrible past flashes behind my eyes.

You lay there incredibly still;
Your loss of morels caused this kill.

The look of shock forever frozen on your face;
An immoral decision destroyed our once sacred space.

Breathing turns labored and the world begins to spin;
I am forced to relive my sin against you again and again.

The once surging river from my wrist begin to pool;
The same kitchen knife was the perfect tool.

The knife moved through all flesh with due cause;
Nerves and arteries serrated by uncaring stainless claws.

Tomorrow comes no new wonders or mystery it will hold;
Neighbors will find our deceased bodies lifeless and cold.

Together in hell I think and I smile;
Adultery resulting in murder is worth every hellish mile.

You sought out another, a pet, to love only you;
The blade was swift and delivered him too.

Hopeful Prayers of this heart no longer remain;
As Darkness and damnation becomes my last refrain.

Thoughts of you will not let me be;
All last I tumble as the tile floor calls to me.

I crumble a heap next to our bed;

The last of my blood has been bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment