Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My Paladin





My Paladin
By: Roger Alderman

Heavy and thick like an embrace;
Ted defends with both dignity and grace.

As the Sun goes down it rises;
Bringing with is vile surprises.

It starts at first as skittering noise;
Followed swiftly by GET TO BED BOYS.

In a flurry of movement were in our beds;
The armor of blankets pulled around our heads.

Its high noon reaches the Moon;
Allowing shadows to penetrate and swoon.

Brother cries out from his bed;
Something just touched me, his voice full of dread.

Our prayers begin in hopes the divine hears;
Suddenly Teddy leaps to his feet and twitches his furry little ears.

It rushes my bed first left then right;
Teddy roars and pushes back against the night.

The battle rages nimble and quick;
Teddy is ferocious, but the darkness has tricks.

Dedication draws hero from perch chasing the thing,
Now I’m powerless the darkness has become king.

It taunts my pleas and cries for hope;
She cries out, it’s just the darkness now cope.

Shadows surge about the room;
From the hall, I heard a rolling boom.

The Darkness retreats as the door burst in;
At last my true hero, Father, my Paladin.

Heavy and Thick as an embrace;

Paladin returns Blanket, Brother, Teddy, and Darkness to their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment