Saturday, April 20, 2019

Review: Save the Cat! Writes a Novel: The Last Book on Novel Writing You'll Ever Need

Save the Cat! Writes a Novel: The Last Book on Novel Writing You'll Ever Need Save the Cat! Writes a Novel: The Last Book on Novel Writing You'll Ever Need by Jessica Brody
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An incredible work. Jessica Brody has done what I was attempting on my own. Thanks to her excellent work in modifying Blake Snyder's earlier work to fit the writing of a novel or novella. I have been able to finalize my formula combining both editions of Save the Cat and Josphe Campbell's heroes journey resulting in (for me) the best possible way to outline a story. I now know the right combinations of beats and story points to craft a solid emotionally charged story that draws the reader deeper into my written world. I can not say enough good things about this excellently written and researched book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment